This pedal circuit is low part count with easily sourced components and has been built with flexibility in mind. When built it can offer a range of fuzz sounds from soft and fluffy through to gnarly and clipped.
It comes ready for 4 control knobs and has an additional toggle switch for even more flexibility:
- Fat (input tone) – a simple tone control that’s really helpful when taming some of the low-end flub or high-end shriek
- Hair (fuzz) – sweep from light, fluffy overdrive to crazy, balls-to-the-wall growl
- Gristle (bias) – control the biasing of the second transistor without messing with the inside of the pedal, who knows what crazy sounds you’ll create?
- Meat (level) – overall output level of the pedal
The toggle switch lets you switch quickly between an internally set Q2 bias and the external control meaning you don’t have to fine tune the knob to get the sweet spot. The internal bias is set with a trimmer and we’ve even added some pads to the board exclusively for your multimeter while you’re tuning in the ideal 4.5V.
This PCB has been specifically designed to match the drill pattern of the Tayda Electronics pre-drilled 1590b enclosures. This particular effect fits the Type 6 Drilled enclosure with space for each of the 4 controls, the toggle switch and the top-centre hole spare for the LED.
This board has been designed with a detachable 3PDT daughter board – just solder this to your footswitch with the small arrows facing those on the main board and connect each of the pads to their counterparts. Solder your input and output jacks to the daughter board and you’re ready to go!
When you buy this PCB you will also get:
- The PCB itself
- Bill of materials (BOM)
- Build instructions document
- Decal artwork
BOM and build docs
PCB products are provided with no warranty or guarantee and are supplied with the understanding that the purchaser has the required knowledge and skill to assemble the product without causing harm or injury. No responsibility is taken by d13design for any injury, harm or damage caused by the incorrect assembly and/or use of the product.