Built using the same techniques as Fender used back in the 50’s, and the same circuit as the SiF2 PCBs this prototype pedal offers a great, vintage fuzz tone delivered with vintage production methods.
Based on the classic, overdriven fuzz tones of the Fuzz Face circuit, this pedal gives a range of awesome tones from smooth, bluesy overdrive, through classic fuzz and distortion, all the way to glitchy, synth distortion. The components in the pedal have been hand-picked and hand-tuned to offer great tone and it works equally well with both single coils and humbuckers and is nicely responsive to your picking so you can vary the crunch by varying your attack.
The pedal is intentionally simple but provides 3 intuitive controls:
- Level – the overall level / volume that the pedal outputs
- Fuzz – the amount of fuzz and distortion to apply to your signal
- Tightness – all the way to the left gives you more bass and flub, all the way to the right gives you more treble and fizz
This pedal also features:
- Standard Boss-style 9V power input (with centre negative supply)
- Rugged internal battery clip and space to hold a standard 9V battery
- True bypass wiring so the circuit cannot colour your tone when the pedal is off
- Sturdy, top-mounted input and output jacks (input on the right and output on the left) – great for saving space on your pedal board
- Bright on/off indicator LED in purple/blue with chrome bezel
- Hand picked transistors and fine-tuned resistor values offering optimum gain and tone
- Vintage-inspired circuit board – built using 1950’s techniques
- Solid aluminium enclosure with a brushed-metal finish
Please note, if you choose to purchase a prototype model then you may notice that the enclosure has a few extra surface blemishes and the holes may not be as aligned and as neat as on the production models.
Find out more about how this pedals was built here…